CrossCode eventually arrived on PC last year after an Indiegogo crowdfunding project and a lengthy early access beta, and now it’s making the jump to Switch. It combines 16-bit SNES-style graphics with “butter-smooth physics, a fast-paced combat system, and engaging puzzle mechanics, served with a gripping sci-fi story”. Sounds good to us.
The game has a slight Zelda-like structure to it; you’ll be completing puzzles in dungeons, get rewarded with equipment, and then go on to use those tools in fast-paced battles. Various pieces of equipment and skills are available to mix things up, too, giving you a more in-depth approach to fighting. Here’s a full feature list:
– Dive into a massive adventure with a playtime of around 40-80 hours
– Explore a large world with 7 unique areas and hidden secrets all over the place
-Fight over 120 enemy types including 30+ boss fights
– Enter 8 expansive dungeons all with with unique themes and puzzle mechanics
– Master up to 100 combat arts and even more passive skills
– Solve over 100 quests with a great variety of tasks and unique challenges
– 60+ music tracks made by a rice ball (well, not exactly)
The game will launch on Nintendo Switch this year with “some exclusive content”. More details on this will no doubt be shared in the coming months.
You can catch up on all the highlights from today’s presentation (and rewatch it) here.
Do you like the look of this one? Have you already tried it out on PC? Let us know in the comments.